Monday, January 28, 2008

We Thank Thee, Oh God, for a Prophet

I had just finished watching the figure skating competition tonight (8 pm), when there was an announcement that President Hinckley (our dear prophet) had passed away peacefully at his home about an hour before...at 97 we can hardly say this was unexpected, but I can't begin to explain how suddenly empty I felt. How grateful I am for the gospel in our lives and the understanding we have of the nature of life and eternity. What a good, kind man he was; what an example of a life well lived; how we will miss him...his energy and his humor...the twinkle in his eye (especially the one he reserved for his beloved wife, Marjory)...it is good to know that the twinkle was surely there as they met once again and embraced. I surely know that he was a prophet of God and his wit and wisdom will live on in my life; may we all aspire to live in accordance with his example and teachings and may we take comfort in knowing that God will provide a new spokesman, prophet and seer to guide and direct us in these days of turmoil before the coming of our Lord and Savior.

No comments: